Thursday, 25 June 2015

Your Spiceworks Community Digest

Find out the latest tech talk from IT pros like you!   Never miss an email from Spiceworks. Click the priority icon   in your Gmail inbox.     Please add digest@spiceworks.com to your address book     Your Community Weekly Digest   What IT tool would you never give up?   I rebuilt my work laptop this week, and as I was installing all of my software and tools I started to think about what tool could I not live without. For me it's an application I use for everything... Read full post »     Make your opinions count.   Sign up to be the Voice of IT Share your two cents with us about all things tech to get extra pepper points in the community, not to mention you'll be doing your part to help keep Spiceworks free. Sign up now »     POPULAR IN YOUR GROUPS Do you automate nighttime computer shutdown? HARDWARE Do you have employees turn off their monitors and computers at night? Why or why not? Could this help save the company money? Would it have any negative effects? Read full post » How many access points is too many? WIRELESS I have 16 APs covering one floor of a building, and I have four more ready to go out, for a total of 20. Is there a rule-of-thumb ratio for AP to sq.ft. or AP to clients? Read full post » Do you dump email received when out of office? BEST PRACTICES My old boss said that when he comes back from holiday he deletes all unread emails and starts the day fresh, as his OOO email states that he would not read any emails when he ge... Read full post » Building a test lab at work VIRTUALIZATION Does anyone have a good writeup on building a test lab from scratch? I'd like to build a test lab at work but I'm not sure where to start. Do I use a separate domain? Separate s... Read full post »   MORE FROM YOUR GROUPS Fascinating article on hard drive failures How to move from a VM to a physical box Favorite network monitoring application? Logging attendance Can anyone identify this fiber connector?     See More at Spiceworks           UPCOMING EVENTS   JUN 25 What EU Data Protection Regulation Changes Mean to YouOnline | 9:00AM EDTWebinar   JUN 25 How to Get Started with VDI (Without Really Trying) Online | 12:00PM EDTWebinar   JUN 25 Risk Mitigation in a Post Windows Sever 2003 WorldOnline | 2:00PM EDTVideo Meetup IT JOBS IT Support/PC Technician/Help DeskLOW VOLTAGE CONTRACTORSEDINA, MN Software Developer .Net C#EMAZZANTI TECHNOLOGIESBROOKLYN, NY Cloud Systems AdministratorBENTLEY SYSTEMSEXTON, PA See more »     You're getting this email because we like to keep registered users up to speed on what's going on at Spiceworks – including the latest Spiceworks Community Digest. Don't want these updates? No problem, just click the “Manage Subscriptions” link below. This email was sent by: Spiceworks 3700 N. Capital of Texas Highway, Suite 100 Austin, TX 78746 USAhttp://www.spiceworks.com Manage Subscriptions | Unsubscribe from Spiceworks Community Digest | Community | Privacy Policy  

via Gmail

No comments:

Post a Comment